Finally, Samsung has officially announced it’s next flagship – Galaxy S 4 which has been bundled with new features. The design of Samsung Galaxy S 4 is very much similar to it’s predecessor Galaxy S 3 including the home button. It measures 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm and weighs about 160 grams. As expected, the device sports 5 inch 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution super AMOLED touchscreen display with 441 ppi and runs on the Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The Galaxy S 4 will be coming with two hardware versions, one with 1.6 GHz Octa Core Exynos 5 Processor and other with 1.9 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor. Mostly, the international version will be with eight core processor whereas the US version will be packed with Snapdragon 600 Processor. The hardware unit will be accompanied by 2 GB RAM. The camera unit includes an 13 MP rear camera and 2 MP front camera, both with Zero Shutter Lag. Three memory variants (16, 32 and 64 GB) will be available along with microSD card slot which can hold up to 64 GB.
Samsung Galaxy S 4 will be including 4G LTE (both the versions), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, IR blaster, 2,600 mAh battery. The company has also stated that an TDD/FDD LTE Dual Mode version will introduced later this year (Will India get it) . It will be available in black and white colors initially followed by many other colors similar to Galaxy S 3. The device will go on sale in Q2 globally. In US, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular and Cricket will be offering the device. In Europe, Deutsche Telecom, EE, H3G, Orange, Telenor, Telia Sonera, Telefonica, and Vodafone will be selling the device. According to Engadget, Galaxy S 4 supports Qi wireless charging but it depends on the region as well as the carrier. We can expect Samsung to launch the device in May in India. The Samsung Galaxy S 3 users have a reason to smile because selected S 4 features will also be available for S 3.
“With the GALAXY S 4, Samsung is again going to enhance the way we live,” said JK Shin, President and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung. “All the innovative features of GALAXY S 4 were developed based on the insights and needs we found from our consumers all around the world. Following the successful GALAXY S series, this phone is yet another great proof point of people-inspired innovation. At Samsung we’ll never stop pursuing innovation conceived by people, so we can inspire them in return.”
Apart from the above, the device comes with new software features which is shown below
- Dual camera – Simultaneously uses of both front and rear cameras for capturing images and videos
- Dual Video call – Showing what you are looking at during the video call
- Sound and Shot – Captures sound along with image
- Story Album – Photo Album that sorts out according to timeline, geo-tagging information or specific event.
- Group Play – Sharing without Wi-Fi and Cellular signal
- Share Music – Playing same Song in multiple phones
- S Translator – Instant translation, supports Voice and Text
- Samsung Smart Pause – Pausing or resuming the video by movemnet of eye
- Samsung Smart Scroll – Scrolling down by the movement of eye
- Air View – Previewing content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without openning it
- Air Gesture – Changing the music track, scrolling up and down a web page or accept a call with a wave of your hand.
- S Voice Drive – Voice control while driving
- Samsung Optical reader – Automatically recognizing and providing useful functions
- Samsung Watch ON – IR Remote to control IR receving hardwares like TV, DVD Player etc
- S Health – Monitors your health
To be simple, Samsung Galaxy S 4 is built up with new software features along with good hardware. Ready to ride with it?
Check out the promo video below
Samsung Galaxy S 4 quick look
- Android OS v4.2.2
- 5 inch 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution super AMOLED touchscreen display
- 1.6 GHz Octa Core Processor or 1.9 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP camera
- 2 MP front camera
- 16/32/64 GB internal memory
- Card slot
- 4G LTE, 3G, IR Blaster and NFC
- 2600 mAh battery